Friday, August 21

Braiding a Rug?


Why is this so difficult? I've braided my daughter's hair. Why can't I seem to figure this out?


I think I've been braiding the wrong way all of these years!?

I've always braided left over center then right over center. I would end up with a nice braid but I guess that's not the right way to do it?

I'm trying to make a braided rug for my beach house.


















Over, under, around and through...

I can see this is going to take a very long time!
My eyes are crossed already!

If you'd like to see how this is supposed to be done, check out Casey's Minis.


Blessings,
Kathi

4 comments:

Kim said...

I've always braided the way you describe also- maybe this way of braiding makes a flatter braid for the rug? I can't wait to see the finished rug- I love the colors!

Caseymini said...

Kathi, that tutorial is mine at Casey's Minis. Your url leads to mine anyway.LOL And I braid just exactly like you do. I didn't include the how to braid part because I assumed that you would know how, and you do. Do it your way.It's easy,but takes a long time to get enough braid to make a decent sized rug. Have at it!

Kathi said...

Sorry Casey, I fixed it.

Caseymini said...

Thanks Kathi, no problem. Now how about a photo of your progress? Those colors are going to be perfect in the beach cottage.