Monday, September 6

The Flamingo Inn (?)

I moved the Flamingo Inn out into the dining room yesterday. I'm still cleaning and re-arranging my work room. I'm taking everything out and starting over! It's a big job but someone has to do it! :D

I took some before photos of the house so you can see what a big project it will be! I got the house on Craigslist for $45. It was all white with dark green shutters. I decided it wanted to be pink. So far I've just tried different shades of pink to get the right shade. The trim you see is for adding a second floor porch and outside staircase.



I've already started bashing this house! I couldn't resist doing something to it. I took down the stairs. They are covered with nasty green carpet. Add that to the list of things to do. Later.




You can see the interior with the previous owner's choice of colors. That will change. I do like the floors. They just need some polishing.

This is what the top of the house looked like. It seemed like there was wasted space here.




I removed the wooden triangle so I could see what was behind it. Not an easy task! This house is nailed together!
I was sad to see that there is not much space in the attic. Not sure what I can do with that space?



I may have to reconsider my plans for this house? I really wanted it to become a bed and breakfast. I'm afraid it is only large enough for a single family house.

I moped around all evening since I had my heart set on that idea. I fell asleep thinking about what else it could be?

Well. I woke up this morning with another idea! How about a seafood restaurant with a bar and gift shop upstairs? I'll have to ponder that for a while. The possibilities seem endless!

Now I'm not sure where I'm going to use my two new beds? A third house maybe? :D



Hope you have a beautiful day. It's back to cleaning and sorting for me! Of course I'll be thinking about what to do with that pink house out in the dining room...


9 comments:

Jill said...

Looks like you have some fun ideas brewing. I know that whatever you end up doing, it will be wonderful!
Hugs,
Jill
PS: Love your music... such a wonderful way to ease into the day.

De said...

Flamingo Bar and Grill has a nice ring to it. ;)

Caseymini said...

Kathi, how about changing the roof line? It could either be more pitched with longer pieces for the roof, or possibly you could put in a third story with extra walls before putting the present roof back on? Is the pink on the body of the house the one that you have decided on? Very pretty.

Lainie said...

http://www.gruenehomesteadinn.com/
Kathi, please check out the website above. It's a bed and breakfast using several different farmhouses and building. Thought it might be some inspiration for you:~)
Hugs,
Lainie

Ascension said...

Una buena idea!!!!
Espero que cuando la inaugures me invites a marisco en tu restaurante jejejeje.
Seria divertido hacer el pescado y el marisco.
Me encanta el color que has elegido para la fachada.
besitos ascension

Katie said...

Love the idea of a bed and breakfast, too! But the idea of a restaurant and gift shop could be a lot of fun, too! You'll figure it out and it will be amazing:)

I'm really loving the pink house!!

Mini Me said...

Great craigslist deal! I like the pink!

Unknown said...

La fachada es muy importante, el restaurante tendrá que ser de lujo :)
El ático podría ser un lugar donde se amontonan cosas inservibles y algo rotas. Eso si no cambias la altura.
Seguiré las ideas que te aparecen.
Besos Clara

Kim said...

I would go with whichever project excites you more, because that way you are sure to have fun with it and it will be a joy to work on. The restaurant is a really fun idea!