Wednesday, June 15

This is NOT a Toy

This is a real life mini size iron! I found it at WalMart. It is just the right size for ironing mini projects. Amazon has them too.

Now I don't have to use my big iron that's in the other room. I can iron right here on my work table! :D


I'm working on a shade for Grandma's attic window. I also made a shelf and shutters. Think I'll paint some tiny roses on the shelf. The shutters may get a little paint treatment too...


The crocheted edging on the shade is from one of the hankies that my Grandmother made. I hope she would like how I'm putting it to use.

There is enough to trim an awning for the deck too. That's another project for another day.

Hope you have a good one!






7 comments:

Kim said...

I love the crochet edging- I think your Grandma would be proud of how you used it to create something new. The window looks beautiful Kathi

Tallulah Belle said...

That is really pretty Kathi...I love the edging and the fat is is from one of your Grandmothers hankies makes it really special. I think she is really happy about that xxx

Unknown said...

Kathi, how nice to be able to iron in the same room you work in.

Now you will think about your grandma every time you look at that curtain - that`s nice.

Mona

My Wee Life said...

Love the shade and nice memories too :)

MiniAussie said...

I love the awning! Beautiful to be able to use something that brings back so many memories too :)

And.. that iron is a must have! Hmmm might have to invest in one (wonder if they sell them here in aus with our plugs?) much cheaper than the other irons I've seen - the miniature craft ones! Thanks for sharing!

Caseymini said...

Kathi, what a wonderful idea with the hankie. I use them for clothes all of the time. I never thought of awnings! Thanks!

Carla Alessandra said...

Parabens esta muito bem feita. Adorei

maniatura-carla.blogspot.com