Saturday, July 16

Still Not Finished...

Yes, I am still working on Grandma's ironing board table.


Installing the teeny tiny hinges took me about two hours! Those little nails kept flying all over the place! Thanks to Karin at Karin Corbin Miniatures, I finally did it. Her tips for hinges are great.


I've just primed the inside with white paint. It's not quite level but maybe close enough? The back side has shelves to store things in. If you are standing on your head you'll see. :D


I'm trying to figure out how to prop up the drop leaf when the table is right side up. I've been sitting here for a long time just thinking about that...

Anyway, I'm going to leave this alone for a while and come back to it later. I need to start on my gift for Caterina's Summer Swap. It has to be mailed by July 23rd so I'd better get busy!

Hope you have a good day!


4 comments:

Rosamargarita said...

Kathi, son verdaderamente pequeñas las bisagras. BUEN TRABAJO!

Caseymini said...

Kathi, you wouldn't like my answer to the problem of holding the leaf up....It involves hinges...LOL

otterine said...

I'm right there with Casey. Hahaha.

cockerina said...

Hi Kathi! please send me your address, I'm your partner in the holiday swap!!
katiamilella@tiscali.it
thanks a lot, Caterina