Friday, September 9

Some Days are Better than Others

I bagged up my fabric and hung them on the lattice this morning. Now I can see what I have without digging in a drawer. I used clear page protectors but will probably change them to gallon size zip lock bags.



These are some pretty hankies with crocheted edging that my grandmother did. I love them!



I went to my follow up dental appointment yesterday to get the results of my jaw MRI. The news was not surprising, but not what I wanted to hear either.

I'm going to need surgery on both sides of my jaw. They will be doing an open bilateral TMJ reconstructive arthroscopy. I'll have an incision in front of each ear and be on a soft diet for six weeks! Thankfully, it will be an outpatient procedure and I can go home the same day.

After THAT news, I treated myself to a trip to Joanne and Hancock fabric stores. I got some fabric for Grandpa who really needs some new clothes! I found the 1/8" hole punch that I've been looking for, a pair of Lefty sewing scissors, a roll of cork and air dry clay.


I've never used air dry clay before. I'm going to try to make the roof tiles and flooring for my 1/4 scale Spanish house.

While I was typing this I heard a crash. My maybe not so good idea fell off the door! The Command hooks I used didn't hold. Guess I'll need to find a better way to hang this...


It's time to go get ready for work. At least my work space there is in order! I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever get my mini work room done?!

Hope you have a nice day!

11 comments:

Alamom02 said...

Kathi, How about a couple of over-the-door hooks that you could hang the lattice on. It won't damage your door and will support everything well. Paula

Tabitha Corsica said...

Yep, Kathi... I was just going to suggest that! I recently bought some at Publix (in the Housewares aisle where they have stuff for closets and bath). THey were $2 each and my son reports that they are working out well for him at school.

Caseymini said...

LOL! We all seem to have the same idea. I was just going to tell you that I have an over the door shoe bag on the back of my workroom door with paints, varnishes and spray glue in it. Those are heavy and it has worked for years without dropping off. I can attest that the fabric is heavy. It pulled out the rod in the closet where I keep my fabric. I had to get rid of the hanging shelves.

cockerina said...

because you've already got an answer about the hook by the door, I will do my very best wishes for the surgery to the jaw. I hope you come back soon to work with serenity!
give us news when it was over, OK?
kisses, Caterina

Unknown said...

It seemed like a good idea!:)
Wish you good luck with the surgery.
Mona

Susan@minicrochetmad said...

Oh Kathy, not good news about your jaw. I'm sending best wishes and warm vibes for your surgery.

Lucille said...

Dear Kathy, I'm so very sorry that you need to get that surgery. Hope all goes well. I will keep you in my prayers until the ordeal is over. I would now like to say that your grandmother's hankies are to die for! What beautiful work!I have only one hankie from my grandmother who died at the ripe old age of 102. Your rack for the fabric is such a wonderful idea. Just get those hooks that were recommended and you'll be all set.

Fabiola said...

I received your package and I sent you a mail, but I haven't received any reply.
Bye Faby

Kathi said...

Thanks for your comments! I did think of using an over the door hanger but the hooks were less expensive. Sometimes it doesn't pay to cut costs! LOL

Fabiola said...

I sent you a new mail. I hope you had receved it. If not, send me your address, because on the package I don't read a word well.
Bye Faby

Maru said...

Suerte con tu cirugía, espero verte otra vez pronto por aquí haciendo cositas.
El desastre de tu puerta me ha recordado a otro mío :-) Queremos tener demasiadas cosas en un mismo sitio y olvidamos cuánto pesan :-)
Un beso.