Wednesday, January 18

Bamboo Blind

Thanks to New England Miniatures for reprinting their tutorial for making Venetian blinds!

Today I used a bamboo placemat to make one of these blinds. It's really not as hard as it looks. :D


Here is my finished blind. It's not quite perfect, but then, what is?


This is what it looks like from the side. This one won't be going in my dollhouse. It is a gift for someone else. Can't tell... :D

I hope you will try the tutorial and visit New England Miniatures. They have lots of great things there!

Hope you have a good day making minis!



6 comments:

Fabiola said...

It's perfect!
Bye Faby

Plushpussycat said...

Your blind looks great, Kathi!

I just blogged about your prizes again, specifically the mini book you gave me. Come take a look: http://www.plushpussycat.com/2012/01/mini-book-big-book.html

:-) Jennifer

Troy said...

Looks Great! I have some old placemats I bought for that purpose.

Anonymous said...

I am going to have to try this! Thank you for sharing your results, it is perfect!

Lady Jane said...

Cool, I will check out the blind and how to do it. Also I checked out that house, OMGoodness.... I would surely love it but it sure is out of my price range, lol... So we build it right.... Darn straight.... cheers. LJ

Maria Ireland said...

Your blind is wonderful.
Hugs Maria