Saturday, May 26

Today's Project

Today's project is cutting the base and second floor for the coffee shop. 



I measured and marked my 1/4" plywood.  Then I read about jig saw blades to find out what size to use and started cutting.  I didn't notice that Dylan was asleep under my table!  I have no idea why he didn't move!?

Poor baby!

I can't cut a straight line with a jig saw to save my life! 


I remeasured.  Then I straightened my cuts with a utility knife.  Yes.  If you go slow and use new blades, you can cut thin plywood with a utility knife.  Where there is a will there is a way!


I dry fit the shop together.  So far, so good.  This is the new front door and the crown molding I'm using to attach the second floor.


Here is a peek at the apartment upstairs with one of the skylights.


I still have lots of work to do.  Hope you have a beautiful day!


10 comments:

Ludmila said...

Cute dog! He has a lot of patience.
And I do not know how to work a jigsaw :)

Elga said...

I think you should buy him a face mask ;-), my dog is always close by but he wouldn't like being covered in dust!

Lucille said...

He must be very attached to you!

Troy said...

That picture of your dog is priceless!

Jill said...

Oh my gosh, Dylan is such a cutie! He loves his mama.
I'm really liking your sky light-- your shop is looking great!
Hugs,
Jill

Maria Blanca "AyamontinoMaria" said...

Your dog is a good friend of miniatures, very patient! Hugs

Unknown said...

His expression reminds me of the time my dalmation let the kids puts 4 kittens on his head and back.

The caption should say ,"Really?"

Unknown said...

His expression reminds me of the time my dalmation let the kids puts 4 kittens on his head and back.

The caption should say ,"Really?"

carmen said...

buen perro!

Unknown said...

The dog so cute!mini hugs :)