Sunday, May 27

Rolling Stones Making Messes

I am making messes this morning.  All for the cause though.  I need more stones for the exterior of the shop.  I used the same recipe as before.  This time I made three different colors.


I used an old paint brush to texture the clay.  I may add something more later. . .

I'm going to wait a while before I cut the stones.  Last time I did it too soon and got some drag marks that I didn't like.   I'm trying to make a stacked stone wall treatment.  Something like this one from TheStoneStore.


Another messy project I have going today is painting the paper I need for my 12 foot (12 inch) palm trees.  This paper is very thin and tears easily.   It makes great flowers but I'm not so sure about leaves?  I usually make my tropical plants out of masking tape.   I may have to try something else?   I want to try out my new Martha Stewart fringe scissors too.



Hope you have fun today!    Go ahead.  Make a mess!


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes! Sawdust everywhere - I cut one piece 4 times .

Unknown said...

Yes! Sawdust everywhere - I cut one piece 4 times .

Unknown said...

Yes! Sawdust everywhere - I cut one piece 4 times .

otterine said...

Oh, I'm makin' a mess alright...yesterday I even managed to get paint on my feet! :D

Anna said...

Hi and thank you for your visit to my blog!! :)
Yes, it is really working...so more fun on the way!! :)