Tuesday, November 13

Peanut Butter Glaze

Peanut Butter Glaze Recipe: 

1 cup Sherwin Williams clear acrylic glaze.
1/3 cup Behr Fudge Truffle flat acrylic paint. 
I used a glass measuring cup.
Mix well and pour into an empty peanut butter jar.
Do not eat or drink!  :D



This is just one coat of glaze. I'll add another. Like on the door frame below.

I thought I would try one of my outdoor lights. I'm using LEDs from Evans Designs. Here I'm testing the light using their coin cell battery that has a switch. Love these.



I will need to make some minor adjustments. I want the light to be in the center of the lamp. I may add some "glass" too? The lamp will be attached to the wall with a piece of copper tubing.

I found a great tip at RCgroups.com for cutting small metal tubing with a razor blade. Worked well and did not crush the tubing. I just need to file the ends. :D

Hope you have a wonderful day!




10 comments:

Giac said...

Hello Kathi,
Thanks for the recipe. That is a great color.
Big hug,
Giac

Eva - tatalamaru said...

Te ha quedado muy bien, gracias por las explicaciones. El aplique con la luz me gusta mucho.
En cuanto a lo de cortar tubos metálicos sin romperlos, imagino que con una sierra especial para cortar metal serviría.
Besos y feliz semana!!!

sera xi's said...

Can I copy this idea????? I love this lamp. Thank you. hug

auxi

Kathi said...

I don't mind anyone "copying" my ideas as long as you link back to my blog and give me credit for the original design.

I also ask that you don't sell my ideas as your own. It's only fair...

Idskesminis said...

Lovely lamp! Great colour, love the post title :))

Lucille said...

Great colour and I love that lamp. Thanks for the recipe!

maribel said...

Te ha quedado estupendo.

Marisa said...

I think that lamp is great!

Troy said...

I like the lamp - looking forward to seeing your finished glazed items.

Tatiana said...

Привет!
Какой замечательный светильник из веера! Большая идея!
Татьяна