Monday, November 19

Playing For Keeps

I've been playing with my mini retro ranch house all weekend. This one I'm going to keep!

I started cutting out the house on Friday evening. I put a piece of plywood on my lap then laid my cutting mat on top of that. That way I could watch TV as I worked. With two dogs very close by, I cut all of the frame and window openings. I estimate that this took a little over two hours. I cut out two houses. :D


Saturday I decided that my little house would not be a Christmas house. I want it to look more like a real retro modern house. I painted the house using Folk Art Coffee Latte. I also added my siding and brick.


Today I added tissue paper to the windows inside. I scored all of the tabs and glued the house to a 2 inch by 6 1/2 inch base.




Now I'm working on the roof. I plan to add a light inside. I want to make a new front door too. I'm not happy with this one. I also plan to add some landscaping around the house. That will be fun. :D


I think this little house is going to be so cute. I may make the second house with clear glass windows and decorate the inside too?

I want to thank Kate at RetroRenovation for sharing her pattern and tutorial!


5 comments:

Caseymini said...

Very, very cute. I vote for a whole village!

Mad For Mod said...

Very cute!

Minis-B-Happenin' said...

This is sooo cool! You make it look simple. I would love to try something like this, but I just haven't found the time yet.

maribel said...

Un montaje estupendo.

Marisa said...

Dang you Kathi..I'll get you for this! now you've hooked me into making this tiny house.

you know how easily I get distracted :)

Love
Marisa